Monday, October 25, 2010

Edit Your Peers

1. Sen. Patty Murray has raised $11.8 million, according to the website “OpenSecrets.org.”

2.  “I am for state taxes,” said Alexa Mays, junior broadcast production major. “They pay for everything from firefighters to the Legislature.”

3. The state-run liquor stores have a monopoly on sales, said Wes Smith, Principal at Pullman High School.

4. “I’m a big fan of the initiative, said Kevin Wilson, president of the Washington Restaurant Association. "It is all about the little guy trying to get bigger.”

5. Seventy percent of the revenue would fund public education beginning Nov. 14, 2011.

6. Last month, U.S. Army officials asked Congress to clarify its policy on gays in the military.

7. Washington state marks up hard alcohol 51.9 percent.

8. Many WSU students travel 17 miles round-trip to Moscow, Idaho, to purchase cheaper alcohol.

9. Jennifer Sessions, a senior Spanish major, posted fliers in support of I-1098.

10. “I think it would have been cool to do something like that as a freshman," Bobson said. "I know my parents would have loved it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment